Types of Dragons
It is well known that Dragons come in a form of a snake-like creature with the claws of an eagle, a head of a camel and scales of a koi fish. Besides this commonly seen dragon, there are also different types of dragons with different abilities, which will be explained in this article.
- Dragon King (龙王 / Long Wang) - From the previous article, it is known that there are 4 Dragon kings that rule over the 4 Seas and the Dragon Kings are one of the many different types of Dragon. They are considered the most powerful dragon amongst the rest.
- Spiritual Dragon (神龙 / Shenlong) - The Spiritual Dragon is a blue dragon that hones the power to control rain and wind. It is the Spiritual Dragon’s job to ensure that mankind benefits from both the rain and the wind.
- Underworld Dragon (地龙 / Dilong) - Known to be the female version of the Spiritual Dragon, she resides in the waters and controls the rivers, streams and seas.
- Winged Dragon (应龙 / Yinglong) - It is uncommon that Chinese Dragon are seen with wings but the Winged Dragon is a very significant dragon as it is the descendant of the Yellow Emperor. The Winged Dragon also has the ability to control the four seasons,
- Coiling Dragon (盘龙 / Panlong)- Many dragons have the ability to fly and ascend into the skies but the Coiling Dragon is restricted to the waters where is able to control time
- Treasure Dragon (伏藏龙 / Fuzanlong) - The Treasure Dragon is believed to have the ability to protect hidden treasures such precious metals, money and personal wealth.
- Celestial Dragon (天龙 / Tianlong)- This dragon sits in the heavens, guarding the heavenly gods from falling to Earth.
- Horned Dragon (虬龙 / Qiulong) - The Horned Dragon is a powerful ancient dragon that has lived for more than 500 years and developed horns during that time. He is also known to have evil tendencies and can bring about floods.